Applied Micro Electronics (AME)
AME is a fast growing organization developing and manufacturing high quality products with electronics. Our goal is to create innovative products for our customers that exceed market expectations by making use of state-of-the-art development facilities and a highly automated manufacturing environment.
Driven by technology, we strive for the best solution combining the disciplines of electrical, mechanical, software and industrial engineering. Working at AME means joining a talented, ambitious and experienced team of experts, with a clear focus on personal and professional growth. You will be involved from concept to production.
Within AME, the business unit Research Design & Development is responsible for development of new products. AME-RD&D groups such as Mechanics, Electronics and Software work together in projects, starting from a new customer product idea and ending with transfer of a mass producible product towards the AME-Operations business unit.
Translate functional specifications into tested and released hardware
As a Mechanical Architect, you are responsible for the realization of mechanical function developments, ensuring to meet the specifications. You continuously improve the quality of the mechanical architecture and are working within a multidisciplinary project, steering one or more designers, working in a mechanical team. You are responsible for the design from concept to validation and transfer to AME-Operations for mass production on our state-of-the-art machines for milling, spark erosion, injection moulding, robotic assembly and 3D printing.
Your activities cover:
- Engineering concept designs and solutions for end-products and manufacturing tooling.
- Providing guidance to mechanical engineers
- Break down of system level requirements into lower level/subsystem requirements
- Safeguarding functionality, performance, quality, reliability and manufacturability of products
- Taking the lead in proving the design by means of analysis and modelling or experimental validation, and you are responsible for technical product documentation.
- You have relevant experience in development and industrialization of products
- You are capable to switch from practical to higher abstraction level
- You have sound interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with the team and customer
- You have a proactive approach, followed by taking ownership and responsibility
- You write and speak English and Dutch fluently
- Having experience in NX and injection moulding is preferred
Please note: we can only consider EU citizens (not in need of work permit). We can not consider applications from non-EU citizens in need of work permit sponsorship. Thanks for understanding.
No, but I will graduate/have graduated in The Netherlands, Yes, I am a national of a EU/EEA country, No, but I will graduate/have graduated MA/Msc level at a global top-150 University, I have general work permission for the country of the vacancy I applied for
Your personal and professional growth
Let your personal development be stimulated by our atmosphere of passion, ambition and responsibility. We attach great value to candidates who take the initiative: this applies both to the content of your work, as to your personal and professional development. AME’s flat organization structure and the continuous growth gives you lots of opportunities to develop your own career path, founded on your talents and your ambitions.
Why join AME?
- Join our ambitious teams of young professionals
- Contribute to the development of highly innovative products
- Be part of a fast-growing organization with lots of career opportunities
- Inspiring environment of development and manufacturing. Witness new products evolving from idea to success in the market
- Next to competitive primary and secondary conditions of employment, you get a significant benefits package
Principals only / Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld