Our client is an online broker that serves both individual and professional investors. They offer market access through a fast, high-performance online platform. The company is currently operating in 18 countries in Europe and is still expanding.
We are looking for a Java Back-End Developer who has good technical knowledge of design patterns, design frameworks combined with a sharp business acumen and experience in complex IT projects and good people skills. Prior experience in the field of financial/insurance or FinTech experience is an advantage. Business teams and stakeholders are present both at the Amsterdam and Sofia offices. Incidental travel to the Amsterdam office will be required (typically 2-3 times per year) with an initial 1-2 month onboarding period in Amsterdam.
- Make technological decisions together with the development team;
- Ensure code is always best-in-class;
- Promote simplicity, design pattern and framework standardization within the organization;
- Improve existing architectural structures and assist design teams create new features from concept to production;
- Collaborate with product owners, business departments and other stakeholders;
- Constantly work to improve quality of codebase and flexibility of the development ecosystem.
- 3+ years of hands-on Java development experience;
- Degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field or equivalent professional experience;
- Full SDLC exposure and prior experience of agile and DevOps delivery methods;
- Good documentation and commentary skills;
- Familiar with pro’s and con’s of different industry frameworks, design patterns and code beautifiers;
- Familiarity with most common development and DevOps tooling as well as test driven development for optimal automated regression testing;
- OCM, OCAJP, OCPJP or similar experience/certification a big plus;
- Previous familiarity with Kafka, Zookeeper, Git, Jenkins, Spring, Hibernate or similar;
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite, fluency in Bulgarian an advantage.
Note: Only candidates who are local or are already located in Bulgaria with EU/EEA nationality or work permit will be considered.
Yes, I am a national of a EU/EEA country
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Possibility to earn a performance-based bonus;
- Additional education opportunities;
- Healthcare package;
- MultiSport card for access to many different sport facilities;
- 25 paid leave days;
- Fresh fruit in the office every day;
- A modern work environment (Millennium Center).
Shortlisted candidates (applications that show evidence for technical skills required and EU/EEA nationality or work permit) will be contacted via e-mail within 2 working days.